Saturday, June 30, 2012

The week that was!

30.06.12
I finally have a couple of quiet moments to reflect on the week that was and, oh boy, what a week it's been! Saturday stared off with a charity walk for muscular dystrophy with Don & Linda and some of their friends. Despite the heat and humidity, there was a creditable turnout and we managed quite a few laps of the Holy Cross Football Field. Afterwards, Don & Linda hosted BBQ and I was lucky enough to be able to get to know their friends and family a little more.
Sunday dawned and Linda and I took a run up to Kilborns near Westport. This country store is a must for serious shoe shoppers everywhere. I even managed to swag myself a pair of swanky summer sandals which I'm already wearing in.
Monday - oh boy, the fun continues- saw me invited to Michele's house for lunch with theHCSS crew. Fun fun fun. Great food, a few good wines and convivial company made for a pleasant afternoon.
Tuesday saw me dining with the Check-Drumm family. Again, the warm weather saw us sipping cocktails on the deck. I'm loving the long days. Winter back home will be a little gloomy when I return. There was much reminiscing about my time at HCSS. Thanks Jon & Stacy for your hospitality.
Wednesday saw me hit the road to Ottawa. I picked up a little Toyota Yaris and headed up the 401 towards Ottawa to visit John & Judy Whiting. We met up with some Aussie exchangees and old friends, Bill & Jeanette Avery at a Chinese Banquet Enforce heading over to the RCMP parade ground for the famous sunset ride. Even though I had been there before, it was still spectacular. After drinks back at Judy's place I fell into bed past 1.00 am.
Thursday saw me sleep in before getting up to explore the Rideau Canal first hand on a bike. Fortunately, John Whiting knows his way around and readily pointed out some interesting landmarks. After a quick trip back down the 401, I returned to HCSS for graduation. I felt honored to be giving an award at this ceremony. Of course, the traditional get together at Minos afterwards was the best part of the night. I'm not overly sure how it happened but Liz & I staggered back to Micheles at 3.00am . That's two late nights in a row for me. Don't know if I can stand the pace.
Friday saw me rise a little worse for wear and i headed back to Ottawa. (I'm getting used to this trip and am enjoying the luxury of a gps in the car!) after a little nap, I headed out with John, Judy & Ellen to a Tapas Bar in little Italy. Dinner was followed by gelato (the dark chocolate flavour was exquisite) and a beer at Pub Italia. Not too shabby either!

No comments: