Friday, July 13, 2012

Georgian Bay and Parry Sound

5.07.12
Cruising the spectacular Georgian Bay!
After picking up yet another little rental vehicle, I headed over towards Parry Sound and Georgian Bay. I was keen to explore this area as this was one place we didn't get to visit in 2009. After an easy drive of around 5.5 hours (3 major highways) I arrived in the small town of Parry Sound. After hickory locating Bay StBnB and meeting the lively owner, Susan, I made my way down to the docks to purchase my ticket on the afternoon cruise. Georgian Bay is comparable to the 1000 Islands, except on Steroids. Located on the Canadian Shield, the
area is fetchingly picturesque with copious islands (many only accessible by boat) making for the perfect summer vacation spot for many Canadians.
Below are some photos of some highlights from Georgian Bay.

No comments: