Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Prince Edward County

4.07.12.
American Independence Day spent in Prince Edward County!

The last couple of days nice returning from Ottawa have been a little less hectic with me catching up on some much needed sleep. I safely deposited my little Toyota back at the hire place. Luckily I only drove on the wrong side of the road once. This was when I turned off the 401 into Division St in Kingston. I happened to notice some cars coming towards me. Whoops! With a graceful swerve and some loudly uttered curse words, I swiftly returned to the correct side. No damage done.
Tuesday night saw me once again out and about with some of the girls from Holy Cross. We sampled the delights of Raxx Bar & Grill. The best part of this holiday is the opportunity to catch up with some of the people who made our year here so special. I love you ladies!

This morning as I rose under a steamy sky, another scorching summers day in Ontario loomed. I never really thought this was possible. Michele picked me up at ten and we headed down Bath road towards Prince Edward County (that's synonymous with wine country). On the way I excitedly pointed to a dead skink on the road. Having not yet sampled its odorous delights I hurriedly wound down my window for a quick whiff. Not too bad! We must have been far enough away for me to receive a faint tang that wasn't at all offensive. Still yet to sample the full skink experience.
The ferry to Picton was timely and we were soon exploring the best that PEC can offer. After visiting a couple of wineries, we lunched at Casa Dea, a small boutique winery in the heart of this region. I must say I managed to purchase some ice wine. Hope it survives the trip home. I'm now resting up as tomorrow, I head over to Georgian Bay - a trip of around 5.5 hours.

No comments: